If I had to pick only one holiday movie to be my all time favorite, it would be Nightmare Before Christmas! One of the few film greats that mixes both Halloween and Christmas in a blender to deliver screen perfection. The subtle love story and action packed dramatic takeover of Santa leaves a memory to be enjoyed year after year.
Second to only Jack Skellington, Sally is my top pick for favorite film character. With her in mind, get inspired and recreate our go-to spooky party treat – Sally Candy Popcorn!
16 C of popped popcorn
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter ( 1/2 C in each saucepan )
2 C sugar ( 1 C in each saucepan )
1/2 C light corn syrup ( 1/4 C in each saucepan )
1 tsp salt . ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
1 tsp vanilla extract ( 1/2 tsp in each saucepan )
1 tsp teal food coloring
1 tsp yellow food coloring
1 tsp pink food coloring
2 tsp baking soda ( 1/4 each bowl )
1 box Black licorice cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2. Place your pre-popped popcorn evenly on two large baking pans covered with parchment paper.
3. In two medium saucepans over medium heat, add 1/2 of the butter to each saucepan and melt.
4. Stir in half of the sugar, corn syrup, vanilla, and salt into both saucepans.
5. Bring to boil while stirring consistently for 4 minutes.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Split the mixture into 4 small mixing bowls.
8. Add food coloring one in each bowl a drop at a time, mixing till you achieve the color you desire.
9. Stir 1/2 tsp baking soda to each color mixture. This will cause the mixture will double in size.
10. Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir to combine and evenly coat.
11. Place the prepared popcorn in the oven.
12. Remove and stir the popcorn every 15 minutes for 1 hour.
13. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.
14. Mix in the black licorice and serve!
Do you love to try new recipes? Or simply crave new dessert ideas for the holidays? Visit Motherhood Defined Recipes for more great dishes to keep you busy and them running back to the table for more.