Fitness franchises are booming worldwide as the market for weight loss solutions and fitness is huge, and the chances are it will be for a long time. Whether your fitness franchise is your first venture or you’ve been managing franchises for years, the following tips will help you thrive in the ever-evolving world of fitness franchises.
1. Find your niche and unique selling point
The most efficient way for a fitness franchise (and any industry) to reach enormous success is to offer something in a community that no one else is offering. It should be specific, small, and practical. You can then broaden your offering later. The best way to do this is through research – find the market in the fitness industry that is under-served. It could be, for example, the fitness industry’s history to offer little to no services for the ageing adult market. Note: this is starting to change now.
Once you’ve done this, you need to study that market very closely, understand and learn how to speak to them, then build a marketing strategy around your findings. This will produce a loyal market that will offer you big rewards.
2. Hire the perfect team
Your fitness franchise is only as good as your team. Keeping this in mind, you need to prioritise your employees – make them feel valued and respected.
• It will create a well-rounded, happy team that wants to strive with you and your fitness franchise.
• Decrease hiring expenses as you’ll have lower employee turnover. As founded by Gallup, teams that score in the top 20% in engagement demonstrate 50% less turnover.
• Your fitness franchise will become a place everyone wants to work at, which will bring to you the best applicants and talent.
• Loving what they do, your employees will be engaged and have an overall positive work ethic.
How could you make your team feel valued?
• Notice your employees’ hard work and effort, and take the time to compliment them.
• Organise employee appreciation days.
• Make them feel like part of your fitness franchise family.
3. Master evolving marketing techniques
There’s no denying that the online fitness market went mainstream in 2020. Before the pandemic, the online fitness market was valued at 6 billion dollars and is predicted to grow to 59 billion by 2027. So, your marketing techniques need to progress with fitness trends.
Marketing is not only critical to running a successful fitness franchise but probably one of the most challenging. The good thing, however, is that you can choose to hire external help or take some marketing courses. You can also do the following:
• Use printed material to raise awareness of your fitness franchise – be it by placing them on the desk or handing them out personally. Not only will you build relationships with your customers, but you will get to see the power of print!
• Offer referral rewards like free merchandise or annual discounted memberships. They will motivate your customers to call their family and friends to your fitness franchise.
• The power of social media is undeniable – your worldwide customers will get an insight into the day-to-day of your fitness franchise and your values. This will also be a way of getting your fitness franchise logo, uniforms, branded material, and digital assets recognized by a worldwide audience.
4. Offer fantastic customer service
The chances of selling to an existing customer are typically 60%-70%. It’s no secret – long-term, dedicated customers remain the primary source for your fitness franchise. Well, Creative Co. also tells us that one gym member is worth an average of $517 to a facility each year.
Simply put, customer service must be a priority to successfully run your fitness franchise. How? Talk to them, ask for their opinions on social media, offer reward programs, and cater to their fitness needs.
You could also train your employees to engage and approach all members by promoting a friendly and positive culture face-to-face, through emails and social media, and over the phone.
Remember, your employees are the biggest supporters and advocates for your fitness franchise (after your customers), and, in doing this, you can generate membership engagement as happy customers will recommend your fitness franchise to their peers.
5. Love what you’re selling to engage with your customers
The best fitness franchise opportunities are run by people who are passionate about the services they offer. Your customers and employees will see you as authentic and genuine, making them trust you and believe in your goals for the future of your fitness franchise.
You can show this love by ensuring that your fitness franchise is actively present in your community, school, and social events. COVID-19 has significantly impacted the fitness industry with many people exercising by themselves, or in their bedrooms, making fitness rather isolating. So, you’ll not only raise awareness of your franchise and help everyone come together but increase overall membership engagement.