If you are the parent of a toddler, then chances are that you have watched a Peppa Pig marathon once or twice over the past several months. The delightful little pig with a British accent, mother, father and younger brother George is sure to delight you and your toddler. They spend most of their day playing with friends or “jumping in muddy puddles”, which is a phrase that sounds so adorable when American toddlers copy it.
Our toddler recently turned three years old, so I was thrilled to offer him a personalized Peppa Pig book for his birthday – I knew it would be an instant hit! The book was provided to us for the review, but all the opinions are mine, well actually mostly my toddler’s.
Personalizing/ ordering the book:
- Penwizard’s website for personalizing the book is incredibly easy to navigate.
- There are seven personalized Peppa Pig books to chose from:
- Peppa Christmas
- Your child and Peppa go to Playgroup
- Peppa Pig Christmas Party
- Peppa and Your Child go Swimming
- Peppa goes to Your Child’s Party (boy)
- Peppa goes to Your Child’s Party (girl)
- Your Child and Peppa to go Playgroup
- The books are personalized with:
- First and last name
- Hair style and color
- Eye color
- Skin tone
- Age of child
- Personal message on first page
- The books are full gloss color paperback cover, 24 pages, 8.5” x 11”
I ordered the “Peppa Goes to Jansen’s Party” for our little toddler. The picture on the front featured Peppa Pig and a little boy holding a balloon with the number “3”. Our toddler immediately recognized the little boy as himself – although SOMEONE, who shall remain unnamed, chose the wrong color eyes. For anyone who underestimates a toddler’s impression of his self-image, please let it be known that they are acutely aware of their own eye color – apparently.
I had picked blue eyes, and my little brown-eyed toddler tells me: “That’s me, mama, but I don’t have blue eyes like you. I have brown, like dada!” – Oops! That was no fault of Penwizard, though – it was a complete mommy-fail. It goes to show how much toddlers pay attention to personalized items, and how quickly they connect with images. So let that be a lesson to all other parents ordering this book: get the eye color right!
Once the book arrived, we immediately had to sit down and read it – not just to my toddler, but all his brothers wanted to join in the fun.
I won’t spoil the details of the story, other than telling you that it features all the characters you have come to know and love from the TV show. The story line and dynamics mimic the show so well that your toddler easily can picture the images as the story unfolds.
Our toddler giggled, if not belly-laughed as I read the story. He loved hearing HIS OWN name mixed in with Peppa Pig and her friends. He immediately connected with their adventure and talked along with the story.
Our Toddler’s Favorites:
- It was a Peppa Pig book! Anything with Peppa is a big hit in our house.
- The book talked about his birthday! Anything related to birthdays is also a sure hit.
- His name and personal details were mentioned on every page throughout the book.
- The book was sized perfectly for a toddler: big and easy to handle.
- The graphics were colorful and looked exactly like the TV show.
- The little boy in the book was personalized perfectly, so our toddler could recognize himself – even though the eye color was wrong (my mistake).
- The story was long enough to make a great bedtime story, but not so long that it had to be broken up over several days.
- The quality of the book itself is great, perfect for a toddler to look through on his own.
- The story is captivating and the images are immediately connect the toddler with the characters he knows from the TV show.
- This book makes a perfect present for any Peppa Pig fan!
Three winners will receive a personalized Peppa Pig Book.
Giveaway ends December 9th at 11:59pm, open to US and Canadian residents, ages 18+. Only one entrant per household, per address. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. Enter using the giveaway form below. Good luck!
Disclosure: All opinions seen in this publication are those of the writer and may differ from your own. MomtoBedby8.com may have receive product or payment as a condition of this publication. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Sponsor is responsible for prize fulfillment and shipment to the winner. This sweepstakes is in no way associated with, sponsored, administered or endorsed by Facebook, Twitter, Google, Pinterest or any other social media network. For questions or to have your product featured on Mom to Bed by 8, email Teri at [email protected].