High chairs, also known as feeding chairs, may not seem like a priority when your baby is just born. You are relying on breastfeeding or bottle feeding and the need for a high chair seems a distant one. Before you know it, your baby will be joining you at the dinner table, and it’s time to purchase a high chair – but with so many on the market, the choice can be tough.
Making the right investment is crucial. From quality to longevity and durability, there is a lot to consider before buying a high chair. You can also check Mother’s Choice for a wonderful variety that stands out due to premium quality.
Types of High Chairs
While you look out for designs and brands that offer amazing high chairs, you need to understand that they are segregated into different types.
- Wooden high chairs: They look modern and fit into your home’s interior easily. With features like height adjustability, foldability and reclining seats, these are one of the most popular chairs at the moment.
- Full featured high chair: A new innovation, these chairs come with multi use purposes. They are not just seats but can also be used as swings and even cradles. Many seats come with a stashable tray table and casters, too.
- Booster feeding chair: If you are limited on space in your apartment and want something that doesn’t take up an entire corner, then a booster feeding chair may be a wonderful pick for you. These consist of removable lap trays and strap into your dining table easily.
- Convertible high chair: These act like a normal wooden high chair and can also be converted into a booster chair, lasting for a good number of years.
Tips to Choose the Best High Chair
Here are some simple tips to help you choose the best feeding chair for your baby.
- Define the amount of space you are willing to dedicate to the high chair. You have to make sure that it is easy for you to reach out to the chair and manage your baby while feeding them. If you have a smaller kitchen, you need to make sure that the chair isn’t taking up a lot of your space.
- Secondly, how many years do you wish to use the chair? A good, high quality chair will last you from your kid’s infant years through to their toddler years. Thus, invest wisely.
- Ease of cleaning the chair matters a lot. You need to make sure that the chair is easy to maintain and clean after your kid has made a mess. Chairs with removable parts are the best as they are easier to clean.
- Do you want an adjustable or removable tray? Should it be safe to clean in a dishwasher? Look into this before making your pick.
- Lastly, you need to make sure that the chair is comfortable for your little one. Poor quality chairs are a pain and your baby won’t sit in it at all.
We hope you choose the right feeding chair for your kid and it lasts you a couple of years too.