Weighted items have been known to assist with mental health issues relating to anxiety and stress. When it comes to this in children, we found that blankets are great at home but what happens when you are ready to start your summer travel? This is where Bumpas Dolls comes to the rescue. Much like a weighted blanket adults and children use at home to provide comfort from an anxious world, Bumpas dolls are designed to take on your travels and hug you all the way.
Weighted plush toys like Bumpas Dolls can provide a number of benefits for children, including:
- Reduced anxiety and stress: Weighted plush toys can provide deep pressure touch stimulation, which has been shown to reduce anxiety and stress in children. This is because deep pressure touch activates the parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for calming the body and mind.
- Improved sleep: Weighted plush toys can help children sleep better by providing a sense of security and comfort. They can also help to reduce anxiety and stress, which can make it easier for children to fall asleep and stay asleep. This is especially important when traveling as we like to do. Even as an adult sleeping in a new enviroment can be difficult. Bumpas Dolls are a favorite for my 17 year old who suffers from anxiety.
- Improved focus and concentration: Weighted plush can help children focus and concentrate by providing a calming and soothing effect. This is because deep pressure touch can help to reduce anxiety and stress, which can interfere with focus and concentration.
- Reduced sensory overload: Weighted plush toys can help children with sensory processing disorder (SPD) by providing a calming and soothing effect. The weight of the toy can help to provide proprioceptive input, which can help children to regulate their sensory system.
- Increased self-regulation: Bumpas Dolls, a weighted plush toy can help children to learn how to self-regulate their emotions. When children are feeling anxious or stressed, they can use the toy to provide deep pressure touch stimulation, which can help them to calm down and feel more in control.
It is important to note that not all children will benefit from using a weighted plush toy. If you are considering using a weighted plush toy for your child, it is important to talk to their doctor first. They can help you to determine if a weighted plush toy is right for your child and can help you to choose the right weight and size of toy for your child’s needs.
Here are some tips for choosing a weighted plush toy for your child:
- Choose a toy that is the right weight for your child. The weight of the toy should be about 5% of your child’s body weight. Bumpas Dolls are 3 pounds making them great for children that are at least 60 pounds. However, they state they can be used for children ages 3+.
- Choose a toy that is the right size for your child. The toy should be large enough to provide deep pressure touch stimulation, but not so large that it is uncomfortable for your child to hold.
- Choose a toy that is made from soft and comfortable materials. The toy should be made from materials that are gentle on your child’s skin.
- Choose a toy that is machine-washable. This will make it easy to keep the toy clean.
Weighted plush toys can be a helpful tool for children who are struggling with anxiety, stress, sleep problems, or sensory processing issues. If you are considering using a weighted plush toy for your child, it is important to talk to their doctor first. They can help you to determine if a weighted plush toy is right for your child and can help you to choose the right weight and size of toy for your child’s needs.
Bumpas dolls are available at FAOSchwarz.com, LearningExpress.com, Amazon.com, Macys.com, Walmart.com, including many independent toy stores, and airport gift shops throughout the U.S.
Enter to win a Bumpas Doll below:
Giveaway open to entrants living in the US. Must be 18+ or have parents permission to enter. Only one entry per household allowed. Prizing and samples provided by Click Communications. Giveaway ends March 31, 2023. Visit Giveaway Terms & Conditions for additional details and rules.