Are you planning on a road trip and expect to have a remarkable experience? Are you looking for the essentials you need to carry with you to have a successful trip? Look no further; below are seven travel essentials that will make your trip an absolute adventure. Use the guide to assist you in preparing the items you need before packing your bags.
1. Travel itinerary
First, you need to prepare a travel itinerary for your road trip. Capture all the activities you intend to partake in and the time allocated for each activity from the time of departure to the day of return. This plan will assist you in identifying the items you need for the trip and giving you a summary of what to expect during your trip. Ensure you capture the following in your itinerary;
● Identity and map your route and indicate all the places of interest and all stopovers.
● Prepare a solid budget for all travel costs, gifts, souvenirs, and accommodation.
● Prepare a meal plan for the entire trip to avoid impulse purchases.
On the day of the trip, keep your itinerary close to guide you as you use navigation apps to stay on the right path.
2. First Aid kit
Travelling is a common migraine trigger, according to studies done on motion sickness. There is a probability that you will suffer from mild or severe headaches resulting from travel; it is even worse if you are driving. The first aid kit should be placed conveniently, where it is easily accessible. Such conditions are managed by painkillers. Below are some items you need to pack;
● Ibuprofen to treat headaches and manage fevers.
● Vitamin C tablets that will boost your immunity during your trip.
● Insect repellent creams or lotions.
● Any other medication for the treatment of chronic or allergic conditions such as asthma and blood pressure medication.
A few days before your road trip, you and your travel mates can create a playlist for your trip. You can save playlists, podcasts, or audiobooks of interest to you. Pack little Bluetooth speakers that you will use if you decide to take short trails off the road where the network reception for your music is poor.
Depending on what else entertains you, you can also download some games on your handset. Are you introverted, worried about what to do when you need some alone time and are on a road trip with your group of friends? Worry not; if you have a good set of headphones, they will complement your alone time by temporarily shutting you out of the world of others and granting you quality self-time.
Some card games are ideal such as the classic card games that help you and your friends stay occupied and entertained. If you get stuck in traffic, or there are delays at the ferry, you will hardly notice the delays. If you have kids with you, it will be helpful to save a variety of video games and cartoons that will keep them busy.
4. Car essentials
Ahead of your trip, check the car with a professional mechanic to ensure all fluids and car lar are in good condition and make any necessary adjustments.
Some car-related essentials you need to pack include;
● Car insurance; remember to pack a hard copy just in case your web slides do not open upon request by traffic police.
● Driver’s license
● Individual identification cards
● Jumper cables may be very useful if you get stuck, and you can help out someone who may be stuck as well.
● Car fluids; the type of fluids you carry depends on your travel season. For example, if you are taking a winter road trip, you will require antifreeze liquids.
● Tool kit with all basic tools.
5. Food, snacks, and drinks
Carrying food with you saves you the costs of eating overpriced food at the highway fuel stations. As you lack food, remember it’s important to check the nutritional value for the choice of foods. Some foods you can pack include;
● Sandwiches, salads, and pasta dishes
● Fresh and dried fruits
● All types of nuts and baked treats
● Chocolates, candy, and sweets
● Hot drinks and cold drinks as well
● Most important; lots of water
6. Phones, phone chargers, and other electronics
Power banks are very useful when you are away from home. Check at your local store to ensure you get a reliable one. You can carry a backup phone that has food network reception and save all emergency contacts on that phone. This will be useful in case you have an emergency, and your gadgets have no power.
7. Camera and selfie sticks
Memories are a permanent reminder, and they need to be captured on any road trip. Get a good camera to capture the highlights of your trip. If you intend to create a blog from the road trip, carry a video camera and a tripod to have help position your camera. A selfie stick will help you capture captivating views both in photos and videos using your phone.