This post was sponsored by Nabisco as part of a Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Summer is finally here and school is officially out. So, bring on the vacation, bonding and eatable delights stemmed from the glowing sun. After all, this is the best time of year to enjoy no bake recipes, fresh fruits and our favorite Lemon NILLA Wafers. These are by far my weakness when it comes to the sweets department.
Paired with a bit of fresh whipped cream and berries, NILLA makes the most delicious desserts imaginable. With that, I am so excited to share our Lemon Berry Parfait recipe. It is so simple and perfect for summer get-togethers, after pool snacks and even for breakfast!
You start off by washing and draining your favorite berries. We like to use raspberries and blueberries for this but strawberries or blackberries would also work in any combination. Add your selections to a bowl and mix with a touch of granulated sugar. To be honest, this step can be left out but we find it brings out the natural flavors and pairs well with the sweet of the NILLA Wafers and whipped topping.
Then, we combine together a bit of heavy cream and a few tablespoons of powered sugar for sweetness. Mix thoroughly in a cold bowl with an electric mixer till peeks form. This is our go to for all things whipped topping. It is easy to make, light in the sugar department and goes well with everything from fresh strawberries to pie.
Last but not least, it’s all about the layers. I like to place NILLA Wafers on the bottom, whipped cream second and then add a sprinkle of berries. All you have to do is repeat the layering steps until you have the perfect size of parfait for you. Visit the NILLA Recipes page for more no bake dessert ideas to help you kick off your summer entertaining!
[recipe title=”Lemon Berry Parfait” time=”30 mins” difficulty=”easy”]
- Lemon NILLA Wafers
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 pints of berries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Wash and drain berries. If using strawberries, slice into smaller pieces
- Places berries into a bowl, sprinkle with granulated sugar and stir to combine.
- Cover and place prepared berries in the fridge.
- Place mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15-20 minutes till chilled.
- Beat whipping cream on medium-high speed till stiff peaks form. Do not over mix.
- Stir powdered sugar (taste and adjust sugar to your liking).
- Layer NILLA Wafers, berries and whipped cream in your parfait dish.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
Do you love no bake meals and desserts? Visit the NILLA recipes page for more great no bake recipes to keep the taste-buds excited all summer long.
Want to win a $200 Walmart Gift Card Grand Prize or 1 of 6 $50 Walmart Gift Card Prize?
Giveaway dates: Tuesday, May 15th – Thursday, July 5th. I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes 7 WINNERS