Cherry Almond Brownies
- Boxed Brownie Mix
- 2 eggs, may vary according to brownie mix chosen
- ⅓ cup oil, may vary according to brownie mix chosen
- ½ cup water, may vary according to brownie mix chosen
- 8 ounce jar maraschino cherries
- 6 ounces sliced almonds
- Prepare brownie mix according to the boxed instructions. Prep a 9×12 inch cake pan or mini muffin tray with cooking spray.
- If you are going to be making brownie bites like I did, you need to drop two cherries into the bottom of the tin, before you add any brownie mix. This recipe also works well with brownie bars, and in this case spread out the cherries evenly over the bottom of the cake pan.
- Pour brownie mix into muffin tin, covering cherries completely. If you are opting for bars, spoon brownie mix over the cherries rather than pouring mix out of bowl all at once. The cherries will remain evenly spread when you spoon vs. pour.
- Place brownies in the oven with the timer set ten minutes prior to total recommended baking time. Remove almost completed brownies from the oven and press a pinch of almonds over each brownie bite so that they are partially embedded in the brownies. Add brownies back to the oven and finish baking.