The Himalayan Salt Shop was founded in 2005 by Ernest Gaglione in the basement of a two family house in Bloomfield, NJ. Originally, Ernest had to lug his heavy inventory up and down steep basement stairs as he personally shipped each customer’s order. As his company grew through hard work and perseverance, Ernest reached the point where he could afford a small office space in Parsippany, NJ. Ernest continued to expand by employing a fulfillment center to help with the shipping of orders.
Today the Himalayan Salt Shop is one of the biggest internet retailers of authentic Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamps on the web. They also wholesale their products to businesses across the country.
This is how Himalayan Salt Shop products can benefit you:
- These lamps are made of natural crystal salt mined from underground salt mines in the foothills of the Himalayan Mountains
- The beautiful orange-reddish Himalayan crystal salt is mounted on a wooden base
- This crystal salt is hundreds of millions of years old and, as a result, has special properties and high mineral content
- Heat from the bulb (in our lamps) or flame (in our candle holders) causes the salt to emit negative ions
- These negative ions bond with the pollutants in the air (positive ions) and neutralize them
- Also, the newly bonded ions become heavier and fall to the ground removing them from the air circulation
- In addition, these negative ions combat electro-smog caused by electronic devices operating in the home
- Symptoms from asthma, allergies, and other illnesses can also subside from the effects of these products
- Concisely, these products cleanse the air naturally and are extremely beautiful
Himalayan Salt Lamp (6-8 lbs.)
This 6-8 lb. Himalayan Salt Crystal Lamp is a common first purchase. It is still on the small side, but big enough for sufficient ionization of a small bedroom. It allows you the luxury of significant ionization at a low price. Those who wish to start their ionization process in their bedroom typically look for this lamp. From our experiences, the people who start out this way usually enjoy the lamp and decide to furnish additional rooms in the home.
- Crystal Height 7 – 8 Inches
- Crystal Width 5 – 7 Inches
- Crystal Weight 6 – 8 Lbs
- Protection Area 10×10 Sq.ft
*Includes UL listed cord, bulb, wooden base, and informational sheet
What the momma thinks….
I for one am a believer in natural remedies. I also try to make sure of what the earth provides as often as possible before turning to modern day medience. Now of course I also undertand that there are something things that we must see a physcian for. Though simple instances like headaches and polluted are are just not two of those must see cases. In fact they might think a person crazy for doing so. With this being said I was overly happy to try out a Himalayan Salt Lamp.
At first thought we place the Himalayan Salt Lamp in our living area. After all it was very beautiful when on and especially in the evening hours. Though this became more and more of an issue with my younger children as they thought since mommy said it was a real block of salt they could lick it as they wished. Well yuck! Even though it was not harmful for them to do so; I didn’t want this to happen to my home decor. So I moved it to my downstairs office and this is where is remains months later.
I really like the calming effects and glow of the light through the Himalayan Salt Lamp. I have no scientic backing but it seems that I have less trouble with headaches and my modd is generally improved. I would like to think that since the change gradually occured after use, that the Himalayan Salt Lamp was part the solution. I can though guarantee that it makes a wonderful conversation piece and unqiue addition to any decor design.
The Himalayan Salt Shop is sending one Mom to Bed by 8 reader a Himalayan Salt Lamp (6-8 pounds)!
Disclosure: I receive sample(s) free of charge from Himalayan Salt Shop for purpose of testing and review. My opinions are my own and may differ from those of your own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Please view our disclosure policy if you have any questions. Mom to Bed by 8 is not responsible for sponsors that do not fulfill their prizes.